Thursday, August 15, 2013

Welcome Back Pencil Garland

The MDS Blog Hop crew is back with another hop for you!!  But first I would like to welcome our two newest MDS Blog Hop DT members, Cori and Julie!  They both are going to make a great addition to our team!  Welcome!!!

This is our first hop of the month, and if you noticed, it is a Thursday!  We are going to start posting on Thursdays now  We have a theme, it is Back to School or Pocket Cards!  Don't forget about our Pinterest page too!!  We have ALL of our pages and/or projects each design team member has made since we started in January pinned!!  Check it out here and make sure to follow us!


So, I do not have any back to school pictures or anything along that line, so I made some "pencil garland"!  I saw a cute pencil card on Pinterest, and knew I could use it for my inspiration for the garland.  Here is what I made (click on the picture to make it bigger!):


Here is a close up of the garland so you can see the pencil design and details a little bit better:



This was SO easy to do in MDS!  I designed my pencil using only basic punches and colored them to look like a pencil.


Then I copied and pasted the pencil on a page so four of them fit.  Then I added the letters (font is called Blockography).


Printed them out onto Very Vanilla cardstock, cut them out and assembled them using White Bakers Twine and I added a few staples for looks! I also used a corner rounder to round the corners of the eraser to give it that eraser look!


Super simple and fun!  This is going to go to my sister so she can hang it in the teacher's work room at her school!




Are you ready to hop on over to the next blog? The easiest way to do so is to click on the thumbnail right after mine, that would be Cori, then hop all the way back to my blog!




6 comments:

stampinjul said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. This is freakin' brilliant! Great job, girlie!!!

Wendie Waldman said...

This is darling. Any kid would love it. You'll have back to school photos before you know it!

jjcreations said...

This is fantastic, Rochelle. I think I'll be casing it for school - thanks for the inspiration!

Cori Kozak said...

You are so creative!! I love the pencil - soooo cute!

Cindy Schuster said...

THIS IS AWESOME! Teachers will love this! You one smart girl!

beth rush said...

love this garland! I'll have to remember it for next year!